Aspiriant Wins Award for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Recognizing our concerted efforts to strengthen diversity within the firm and the wealth management industry to benefit all types of clients, Private Asset Management honored Aspiriant with its first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year award for 2022.
For over two decades, the PAM Awards have been regarded as the Oscars of the private asset management industry and are decided by a prestigious panel of financial services industry executives.
In recognizing Aspiriant for this award, it highlighted the following achievements:
- Forming our own Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB) initiative and committee
- Hiring Chief People Officer Summer Hammons to foster the success of Aspiriant employees
- Creating the Aspiriant Impact Scholarship to promote diversity in the industry
- Increasing diversity among the company’s national leadership team, which is now 57% women
The Aspiriant DIB initiative seeks to maintain and develop a community where employees feel they belong, can be themselves, learn and thrive. We strongly believe a variety of perspectives are necessary for our firm’s growth and innovation, as well as to serve clients who have a broad spectrum of cultural and financial backgrounds.
“We have always made diversity, equity and inclusion a priority within our business, but we have solidified and formalized our approach and focus over the past few years and are grateful to receive recognition for our efforts,” said Aspiriant CEO Rob Francais.
The criteria for this new award required clear evidence that the initiative:
- Significantly progressed diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) internally and/or made a meaningful impact on the wider industry
- Used company resources effectively to progress DE&I
- Was run in an inclusive and equitable manner, with diverse owners and voices included in the process
- Was backed by testimonials from industry leaders and/or those positively impacted by the initiative
“This award further motivates the DIB Committee and our firm to strengthen our program and find creative ways to keep our vision statement top of mind,” added Summer.
Laurie Flenner and Victoria Abaev represented Aspiriant at Private Asset Management’s in-person reception in New York City. Laurie, a member of Aspiriant’s DIB committee, delivered the acceptance speech in which she described what Aspiriant has done to incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion within our firm and the industry, and emphasized the importance of small but important changes when fostering an inclusive and diverse corporate culture.
Aspiriant did not pay a fee for consideration for the Private Asset Management Awards 2022, which are determined by an independent panel of judges. See the PAM Awards website for more information on categories and criteria.